loading...

Weight Loss Diet: Expert Shares One Food That Can Help In Shedding Weight – Times Now

2 minutes, 45 seconds Read

Expert Shares One Food That Can Help In Weight Loss

Weight loss is a complex subject, it is not just following rigorous workout routines but also eating a healthy diet and following a healthy lifestyle including adequate sleep, rest and among others. However, your diet does play a major role in your weight loss journey. A lot of people believe that 70 per cent of your weight loss depends on what you eat and the remaining 30 per cent is dependent on your workouts and other factors. Therefore, you have to be very careful about what you eat.

Dr Neal Barnard, founding president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine has shared that there’s one popular food that can help you in your weight loss journey. Speaking to Steven Bartlett on a recent episode of The Diary Of A CEO, the doctor explained that blueberries were the “number one” associated with the most weight loss.

However, if you don’t like blueberries, you can choose other berries such as raspberries and they too offer similar benefits, said the doctor. Dr Barnard said, “The people who decide to eat more of these foods and bring them into their diet are losing weight.

“If you are eating blueberries for dessert, you’re not eating the custard creams, maybe that’s part of it.

“But even when you control for that, you still see the weight loss and we believe that the reasons are that these are high-fibre foods.”

Berries are low in calories, however, the impact of these small fruits on weight loss usually depends on the presence of plant pigments, which are known as anthocyanins, on these berries.

Dr Barnard says that anthocyanins may affect your appetite and your metabolism, paving the way to fat burning, according to a report in express.co.uk.

A research conducted by the University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center also says that a blueberry-rich diet can help in reducing visceral fat. Therefore, it is not just Dr Barnard who is suggesting blueberries for weight loss. For the study, the researchers studied the effect of freeze-dried blueberries crushed into a powder administered as a part of either a low or high-fat diet.

After 90 days of this regimen, the rats that received the blueberry-enriched powder had less of the dangerous fat.

Other foods you can add to your diet that can help in weight loss.

Leafy Greens

Leafy greens such as spinach, kale, Swiss chard are low in calories and carbohydrates but high in fibre, vitamins and minerals. They give volume and nutrients to meals, promoting satiety and reducing overall calorie intake.

Lean Proteins

Protein-rich foods such as chicken breast, turkey, fish and tofu help to increase feelings of fullness and reduce appetite, which can lead to decreased calorie consumption.

Whole Grains

Whole grains such as quinoa, brown rice and oats are rich in fibre, which slows digestion and helps regulate blood sugar levels, promoting feelings of fullness and preventing overeating.

Beans and Legumes

Beans and legumes such as lentils, chickpeas and black beans are high in fibre and protein, making them excellent choices for weight loss. They help to stabilise blood sugar levels, reduce cravings and promote a feeling of fullness.

Greek Yoghurt

Greek yoghurt is high in protein and low in sugar, making it a nutritious and filling snack option for weight loss.

This post was originally published on 3rd party site mentioned in the title of this site

Similar Posts

0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop
    Call
    ×